Garage Door MaintenanceBack To Our Services
Is it time to have your garage door maintenance done, time to make adjustments so your door opens easily without making little noises that aggravate you? There are several areas that need regularly garage door maintenance lubrication. Any adjusting of hinges springs and bolts needs to be done by a professional.
Expert in garage door maintenance.
Torsion Springs need to be greased to prevent them from rusting and have grease bearings.
* Door sensors – it is very important to check your door sensor often; you can do this by placing a piece of lumber on the ground where the door touches, if the door opens right back up then it is working properly. If it stays closed, garage door maintenance needs to be performed on the wires and alignment.
* Door tracks need to be kept clean and be checked for any damage to the tracks. All bolts should be tight.
* Opener – using a manual door opener, chains, and belts need to be greased, make sure all bolts are tight.
* Hinges – make sure all bolts are tight and secure.
* Stripping – do not forget to check the weather stripping for splitting.
Our company will provide you with the proper garage door maintenance according to the type of your door; a wooden door will need paint, if you have one of the older steel doors, you will need to check for rust, remove rust as soon as possible and paint. If you have a newer garage door, it is most likely vinyl; these doors are pretty much maintenance free except for springs, track, bolts etc.
It would be wise to have one of our professional technicians inspect your garage door in the beginning of winter, having someone who knows how all the parts work and what to look for will be better in the long run, instead of waiting until a major part breaks down and your door no longer opens or closes.
There is some garage door maintenance that you can do yourself, such as painting your door if needed, removing rust, keeping debris such as leaves, grass, cobwebs and dirt out and away from your door tracks and springs.
If you have your garage door inspected annually by us, a certified technician will inspect your garage door system and let you know if there are any major problems that need to be addressed. Having an annually inspection done may save you a lot of money, if there is a problem it can be fixed before it gets out of hand.